In an article I read recently (*) the authors teased out some interesting definitions of retirement:
1) A total exit from the workforce;
2) A reduction in hours worked/earnings;
3) Receipt of some sort of pension;
4) Transition from full-time to part-time work, perhaps with a career change involved;
5) Self-assessed as retired;
6) Left main employer;
7) A combination of some of the above.
WHICH OF THESE IS/WILL BE YOU?
(*) Denton, F and Spencer, G Social and Economic Dimensions of an Ageing Population. 2008.